It is no secret that car accidents can be potentially fatal as well as extremely expensive. If you’re like most people, you probably haven’t thought about what to do after getting into a car accident. It is also quite challenging to determine when is the best time to hire a lawyer. We will now look at some of the answers to these questions.
To start with, you should speak with a car accident lawyer who offers a free first consultation. There is no risk in this type of consultation, and you’ll be able to access professional legal help. With that said, this is a situation where there needs to be both give and take. The vast majority of car accident attorneys typically don’t take every single case that comes along. So, they use the free consultation to determine whether the case is good or not, and then they decide whether they want to take it or pass. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get professional legal help and advice, free of charge. You should also be able to find out an approximate figure of what your claim is worth so you can determine if you want to move forward or not.
For most car accident cases, this strategy works very well. However, it should be noted that the use of a lawyer in some cases is more important than others. We will now take a closer look at these types of situations.
Which Car Accidents Don’t Require An Attorney?
There are a few situations where hiring a car accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale isn’t required or necessary. For example, if you get into an accident and the potential claim is very small, then hiring a car accident lawyer might not be worth it. Some other examples are:
– If you fully recover from your car accident injuries after a few doctor or chiropractor visits
– If you suffered only minor injuries such as mild discomfort or pain, whiplash, etc.
– You didn’t need to undergo expensive medicals tests or need to see a medical specialist
In these cases, you won’t need a lawyer because you won’t get much money from the case. You’ll likely only receive enough money to cover your medical bills and a few hundred or thousand dollars. There is a chance that your lawyer would manage to get a higher settlement, but it wouldn’t be significantly more money to make it worth the effort and time invested.
With that said, no matter what type of injuries you’ve gotten in a car accident, even if they were minor, it is highly recommended that you still get a free consultation from a car accident attorney. They will advise you on what you should do and your next steps. In some cases, even if you get minor injuries, you may still require medical care by a specialist. This can cause your claim to be worth much more money than you initially thought due to the fact that you may need to get particular tests done, physical therapy, specialist treatment, and more. You may be able to get a much higher settlement, which would make it more than worthwhile to hire a car accident attorney.
Signs That You Would Benefit From a Car Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
There are many car accident cases where it is very beneficial to hire a car accident lawyer. They will be able to deal with the insurance companies involved and get you the highest settlement. Insurance companies always try to pay as little as possible, and having an experienced attorney will ensure that you get what you’re owed and don’t have to settle for low and unfair compensation.
Some instances where you should reach out to an automobile accident lawyer are:
– Serious injuries: When you’ve been involved in a car accident, the more severe your injuries are, the higher your compensation should be. As a result, insurance companies will do their very best to reduce your claim as much as possible. Some examples of serious or severe injuries include dislocated discs, broken bones, etc. A severe injury is defined as any injury where you experience a great deal of pain and discomfort.
– The seriousness of your injuries is uncertain: In many cases, people who get into accidents don’t know exactly what they feel. A good example of this is experiencing pain that doesn’t go away no matter what is done, or after various treatments. As a result, you may be left thinking that your life has completely changed and won’t ever go back to normal. If any of these examples are similar to your situation, then it is a good idea to reach out to a car accident attorney. Your lawyer will assist you by dealing with the insurance companies so you get your rightful compensation. They will also ensure that you see the best doctors and specialists according to your specific car accident injuries.
– Money issues: If you are are not able to pay for the medical treatment you need, an experienced lawyer is very helpful. They will fight to ensure that your insurance company pays your medical bills and provides fair compensation for your accident.
– Downtime from work: If you have missed any time at work, then your lawyer will ensure you are fully compensated for this loss in income. This is necessary because most insurance companies try to undervalue and even completely ignore this loss of income.
– Blame shifts: There are many instances where you were not at fault, but the at-fault person or party tries to place the blame for the accident on you. This is extremely scary and frustrating. In many cases, the insurance company will try to say that you were at fault or that your injuries are not severe, in an attempt to scare you to accept a lowball offer. In some cases, they may even try to deny your claim completely. If this happens to you, you will need strong legal assistance.
– Insurance company doesn’t take you seriously: The insurance company may try to downplay your injuries in an attempt to lower the value of your claim. This is because insurance companies are profit-driven businesses that typically only care about profit margins. Their entire business model is based on them paying out the lowest claims they can get away with. They have no interest in your health and well-being and whether the treatments helped you. So, it would help if you had someone who truly cares about you and will fight the insurance companies so that you get appropriately compensated for your injuries.
Reach Out to an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
When it comes to dealing with car accidents, you can’t just hire any attorney. You should get a lawyer that specializes in car accidents that is well known, experienced, and has an excellent reputation. Some of the things you should look for in a lawyer include:
– They offer a free consultation
– They specialize in injury cases, especially car accident injuries
– They understand the injuries you have due to the accident
– They take you very seriously
– They listen intently, show that they care, and will do everything they can to get you justice
If you’re looking for a well known and reputable car accident attorney in Florida, then you should consider VG Law Group, LLP. Call us at 1-833-HELP-365 or contact us online to get started.